Beauty Routine

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Don't you love it when you find makeup that finally works for you? I'm always looking for good makeup! I'm pretty fair and have freckles, so I can't cake it on, though. At best, I can wear powder. My makeup routine has been pretty much the same since I was around 14, but I've been able to find products that I really love.

Here are some of my go-to's:


One thing that has changed a lot since I was in high school is that I used to CAKE on the eyeliner. It looked like I just smudged on shoe polish. Now I pretty much only use mascara on my top lashes, sometimes brown eyeshadow if I'm going out at night. I have hazel eyes, so I also wear some purple and navy blue at night!

I keep my face simple. I'd love to try out some bare minerals products, but for now I stick to L'Oreal powder and Smashbox tinted moisturizer. My skin dries out fast and Smashbox definitely helps it stay moisturized and happy.

The first perfume I ever got was Dior J'adore and I still use it now when I'm feeling fancy. I use Clinique Happy on a day-to-day basis, though I usually use the rollerball (which I keep in my car in case I need to smell nice, fast). I'm eyeing Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for my next perfume!

I've never been a fan of lip gloss or lipstick. I always feel like there's gunk on my lips and I have to get it off. I generally stick to Nivea, Burts Bees, or lately I've been into eos, mostly because of the cool packaging. I'm a sucker for good marketing and product design!

Are there any other products that I need to try out? Let me know! I keep my routine pretty basic, but I love trying things out!

No comments :

Post a Comment