I'm Dying to Ask...

Tuesday, December 4, 2012


In response to The Man Repeller's call to action, I'm answering some questions from the Proust Questionnaire, to give y'all a better look at the weird person I am. Y'all answer these questions too! Because, honestly, everyone loves talking about themselves. Don't deny it.
Let's Do This

Your favorite virtue: I say impatience can be a virtue. I'm an impatient person. Whoever made up those virtues is incorrect.
Your favorite qualities in a man: the ability to laugh at yourself, but at the same time respect yourself.
Your favorite qualities in a woman: the ability to not look at my outfit and laugh.
Your favorite occupation: I love being a student. I love being a blogger, and working in communications. I love traveling. If I could do something that combines all of those, I'd be a very happy person (not that I'm not already).
Your chief characteristic: I like to think I'm a pretty easy going person. I try not to get too wrapped up in little things that don't matter. Not saying that doesn't happen, but I think I try to look at the big picture more often.
Your idea of happiness: I actually thought about this when I was with my family over Thanksgiving. We were in the boat heading from one house to the next, and I could help but think that going out on the boat, family beside me, a beautiful day, and amazing food is the definition of happiness. I couldn't help thinking that that's what Heaven's got to be like.
Your idea of misery: It's always important to have someone be next to you, no matter what kind of situation you're in. Maybe they don't have to understand what you're going through, but just have someone to talk to. If I didn't have one person, in any situation, to talk to, I'd be pretty miserable.
Your favorite color and flower: Whenever I see this question I think of the line "deep greens and blues are the colors I choose" from Sweet Baby James by James Taylor. So I'm going with those. And as for flowers, I love peonies!
If not yourself, who would you be? I don't know... I kind of like being me.
Where would you like to live? I don't know where I want to live. Maybe Charleston? It's beautiful there, and I'd love being in a city that's right next to the coast. I've always been curious about New York, but I don't think I could live there for the rest of my life.
Your favorite prose authors: I don't think I could say.
Your favorite poets: I'll always love Shel Silverstein's poems.
Your favorite painters and composers: I'm not much of an art follower, but I think Chris Martin from Coldplay is pretty spectacular. 
Your favorite heroes in real life: I've never really had a "hero" I guess. There are definitely people I look up to. I think my mom is one of the most amazing people to ever walk the earth. My grandpa too. They're the most caring and thoughtful people I've ever met.
Your favorite heroines in real life: Refer to above.
Your favorite heroes in fiction: Harry Potter - DUH
Your favorite heroines in fiction: Hermione Granger - DUH
Your favorite food and drink: I think I could eat my grandpa's blackened flounder all day erry day.
Your favorite names: Boy: Jackson Girl: Cooper, Katharine
Your pet aversion: I love dogs and puppies, but I detest little yippy dogs. If your dog is loud, I will hate it. Sorry.
What characters in history do you most dislike? Hitler's definitely up on that list.
What is your present state of mind? Content. Done with three exams this week, excited about the weekend, Christmas, and london!
For what fault have you most toleration? Maybe being a little immature? I'm young, I don't have to grow up quite yet.
Your favorite motto. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. Toothpaste before orange juice, death. 

No comments :

Post a Comment