Favorites: West Elm

Thursday, January 24, 2013

One difficult aspect about being a college student, or even someone between phases in your life is the lack of stability. There are plenty of things to worry about: finances, work, school, changing responsibilities and positions. The lack of stability makes me crave somewhere to go that I know is mine. I've never been one to gaze at giant houses and wish that I could call one home. For a long time, though, with my living arrangements changing every few months, I've wanted somewhere to settle down and call home. By that I don't mean getting married or having kids (I'm only 20...I'm just now getting over my dread of doing laundry). I mean being able to drive to work, come home, and be surrounded by a place that I've worked on to make me totally calm and comfortable.

I can't say I don't drool over Rue Magazine, Southern Living Magazine, Lonny Magazine and these Glitter Guide home style posts and wish I could grow up already and make use of my interior design affinity. I 100% do. I know that someday I'll look back and wish I could go back to college. In a few years I'll have things weighing on my shoulders, like bills and insurance and loans that I don't have now, but can I just this once dream of coming home to a house with a coffee table, coffee table books, votives and a nice couch to relax on? Thanks. It's making me calmer already.


1 comment :

  1. I've been feeling the same way lately! I can't wait for the day where I finally feel settled in my own place!

    ReplyDelete