Easy Beach Week

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Let's be honest here. There are times to look really cute. You do your hair. You put that extra ten minutes of thought into your outfit to decide on colors, patterns, and silhouettes. You get a mani/pedi. If Ryan Gosling saw you, you would be completely stoked instead of completely mortified.

Then there are times when you just don't, and if Ryan saw you, you would cry.




Spending time at a small beach town with your family is not the time to focus on looks. I haven't washed my hair in two days (only a little ashamed). I've touched fish, shrimp, and mud, and had I gotten a manicure, it would have been for nothing. My wardrobe has consisted of basic tees, cutoffs, and J. Crew popovers. I've worn sandals and Rainbows every day. It's been awesome.

There's a kind of freedom that comes with not bringing your hair dryer (or straightener!) and not making the effort to put on foundation, concealer, powder, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara every single morning. You just get up, shower off, and get on with the day. Those beachy waves look a little wonky, but whatever. You're at the beach!

This is my favorite kind of vacation. Casual and maybe a little dirty. What about you?

No comments :

Post a Comment