Post-vacation this // that

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Whenever I go on a fantastic vacation, I always feel a sense of emptiness or boredom when I get back home, like I've suddenly found out that my real life is only half as interesting as it used to be. Does anyone else get that way? Last week I had one of the best weeks of my life exploring New York City with Lanie, but I'm still grasping for a Manhattan-sized hole in my mind! What is a girl to do?

The way I see it, I have two options:

I can go completely serene: a relaxing weekend of pampering after hitting the pavement day after day in the city. I can put on some soothing music, make myself some cucumber water, get a foot scrub, make myself a facial, and paint my nails. I may even try out this hair mask I've been meaning to try out! Or...


I can go on another adventure, ASAP. My mind is racing trying to find things to do, so maybe the only way to fix it will be the hair of the dog? I'm already planning a quick trip down to Charleston for a few days, so maybe I'll pump up the excitement with an adventure while I'm there. Charleston isn't near as bustling and crazy as New York is, but really, where is?

What do you do post-vacation?

Images via 1 // 2

2 comments :

  1. I definitely feel the same way after an adventurous vacation and I always end up planning my next trip as soon as I get back - love having something to look forward to! And I'm insanely jealous you're going to Charleston, it's one of my favorite towns, hands down. :)

    XO,
    Em

    http://emlajolie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I'm very lucky to have Charleston so close, I just wish that New York were close too! Can't have everything I guess :)

      Emily

      Delete