Thought provoking

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Though I've read a lot of entertaining and, for the most part, useless articles during the past week, I found myself engulfed in stories and articles yesterday that made me really think about where I stand on certain issues. Reading is one of my favorite past times, and while I pride myself in keeping up with current events, there are plenty of days that I keep to my Womens Wear Daily, Into the Gloss, and BuzzFeed. In the case of the issues I read about yesterday, the stories seemed vaguely familiar, but otherwise completely foreign..and sometimes most of the time it's good to read about things you don't know about, since they expand your horizon and make you question what you thought you knew or believed.


I'm not here to take a stance or make any judgements, but I'll pass these articles along because 1 - I think they are important, and 2 - I couldn't stop reading once I started, and I think you'll be interested too.

The Strange & Curious Tale of the Last True Hermit // "For nearly thirty years, a phantom haunted the woods of Central Maine. Unseen and unknown, he lived in secret, creeping into homes in the dead of night and surviving on what he could steal. To the spooked locals, he became a legend—or maybe a myth. They wondered how he could possibly be real. Until one day last year, the hermit came out of the forest."

If only they had treated him before // "When Will Bruce killed his mother, he believed she was an al Qaeda agent. His father wrested hope from the tragedy -- by seeing that his son finally got treatment. After seven years in a psychiatric hospital, Will is taking his first steps toward freedom."

Bill Nye Fights Back // "How a mild-mannered children’s celebrity plans to save science in America—or go down swinging."

Murder And Manifest Destiny On The Mosquito Coast // 
"Fifteen years ago, a mysterious Greek entrepreneur bought and resold a series of tiny islands off the coast of Nicaragua, setting off a bizarre and tragic chain of events that included a reality-TV sensation and allegations of an insidious murder plot."

No comments :

Post a Comment