Weight off My Shoulders

Monday, October 22, 2012

Photo via Time, San Tang / AP

Today has marked a day I've been waiting for for the last three months: I've turned in my research proposal for a $3000 grant. I've worked long and hard pinpointing what I wanted to research, and what I would stick with while abroad next semester. At first the project itself was just meant to help me afford studying abroad (I got my first invoice today - it's not cheap, folks). But as I got more into it, I really put myself in the project.

What is the topic, you ask? Oh, nothing. Just how London Fashion Week works. As in, the marketing, communications, and execution of the biggest fashion event in England. And I'm (hopefully!) going to get money to spend time there and talk to people who actually work on it for a living. Even though I've only finished my proposal, I'm already so proud of the work I've done and the work I want to do in the future. If it hasn't sounded like it before, I am SO ready to go to London!

Have any of y'all had a day like this lately? Where you've jumped some giant hurdle or checked something big off your on-going list? I feel 10 pounds lighter now. And it feels soooooo good.

Now until December 10th, when I find out if I get the funding or not. Crossing my fingers...


No comments :

Post a Comment