Emily vs. Lipstick

Monday, January 7, 2013


Enough of London - time to get back to the important things in life...like makeup. I, for one, love makeup. My fair skin and freckles don't allow me to wear as much makeup as I'd like to, but I suffice. I mostly focus on eyeshadow if I'm going out, but I'd love to be able to try out some bold lipstick like the women above. There's just a few problems.

Lipstick doesn't like me. If I find the right color, its texture is too thick, and I cannot deal with thick makeup. That's what being spoiled by a light tinted moisturizer will do to you. If the texture seems about right, the color is just a bit off. If you don't know, there's a big difference between a cool shade of pink and a warm shade of pink. So then, if you have to focus on warm vs. cool shades, you have to know which goes best with your complexion. No matter how many times I read it in magazines, I will never remember if I'm a cool or a warm (I feel like I'm saying Winter vs Summer, which takes me back to Full House or some 90s sitcom).

If, Lord help me, I do find the right shade and the right texture...my lipstick smudges. And I know I can use lip liner to keep it all in, but it seems like way too much work for some color that may or may not come off with my drink.

For now, I'll just stick with eyeshadow. If you've reached this point, thank you for staying through my rant. I really do appreciate it.

What about y'all? What is your verdict on lipstick? Any brands I should try?

No comments :

Post a Comment