Book Recommendations, Anyone?

Thursday, February 21, 2013

So...I did something I shouldn't have. Of all the things that I should have spent money on, this probably shouldn't have made the list. I bought a Kindle. I'd been struggling with the decision for a while, since I'm more or less constantly reading, but books in London are so expensive (and take up space in your luggage). Like my mom suggested, yes, I could have gone to a used bookstore...but I want new books. Judge me.


So now that I have this glorious little machine, I need new books to read! If anyone has any recommendations, let me know! I love reading pretty much any kinds of books. I've read everything from Jodi Piccoult to Dan Brown (Da Vinci Code), Harry Potter to 50 Shades of Grey. Yes, yes I did. All three books. Again, judge me.

Also, if anyone hasn't, check out the Goodreads app on your iPhone, Android, or iPad! You can find, rate, and list the books you've read before, then find your friends and see the books they've read! It's great for finding the right types of books for you. If you have the app, feel free to add me as a friend! I can't convince any of my friends to join in the Goodreads group, so I'd be glad to find people that have similar reading interests as me!

2 comments :

  1. Oh I am addicted to Goodreads. I puruse it all day long and leave it open on my computer.
    Lately I've been into Maeve Binchy. Most of her books take place in 20th century Ireland and follow the dramatic lives of chracters. I really like The Glass Lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm just getting into it but I love it!

      Delete