Feel Good Songs: Oldies Edition

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

You know those songs that come on in the car, and even if you've had a bad morning, they can instantly put you in a good mood. You start singing, and maybe a little dancing in the driver's seat. Those songs have certain memories attached to them, or just get you pumped up. Either way, they're an easy way to get you ready for the day. Here are some of mine - what are yours?

Your Smiling Face - James Taylor

This song gets me so excited. It's an oldie, but SUCH a goodie! When I hear this song I think of dancing with my dad in our den and laughing at how into the song he was. It's a simple kind of happy.


Hello, Goodbye - The Beatles

Again, another oldie. This one makes me think of my parents driving my sister and me to kindergarten because it was one of the only songs that we could all sing together.


Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham!

This song definitely goes into my "Guilty Pleasures" list, but it's so good! I usually sneak it into playlists I make for my best friends because they hate it. I don't get it! It makes me want to skip downtown and get an ice cream cone.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder

Obviously this had to be on the list. Regardless of political persuasion, this was such a good choice for the Obama camp in 2008 as a campaign song. Everyone loves this song, right?!
 


So these are just a few of mine, but I want to hear what oldies songs get y'all pumped! These are primo car singing songs, so let me know which songs y'all belt out too. Don't act like you don't, everyone does!

No comments :

Post a Comment