Pretty Teacups

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

In helping my mom re-do her dining room, I also forced to her to let me got the chance to go through and rearrange the two built-in china cabinets we have. Our family doesn't use china much, so it was such a surprise to see her beautiful sets that she got as wedding presents.


I vaguely remember my mom letting me play with a tea cup when I was little, but this was the first time I ever got a good look at the pattern she picked out, which is called Alton by Royal Doulton (it has since been discontinued). When my parents got married in the early 80s she said there were some awful gold patterns with floral designs, and this pattern was the simplest one. I think she picked well! Personally, I would never have gravitated to this on my own, but close up the patterns are so beautiful.


Also, remember this post? Let me express my relief that this project is (almost!) finally over. Never one to hire painters, my mom let me get my hands on the dining room as soon as I got home from London, which meant painting the walls, priming the oil-based paint on the upper dentil and lower crown molding, painting the dentil and crown moldings, and painting the inside walls of the built-ins since they were so beat up on the inside. I also rearranged the china and glasses in the cabinets. I don't have a before picture, but I'm so happy with how the room has turned out!

We are still waiting on my dad to put in the new chandelier, you might be able to see that the one we currently have is crooked and missing a bulb, but once that is done we'll be ready to re-decorate the room with art and re-done table settings. The new light fixture will look something like this. I can't wait to show y'all the final product!


No comments :

Post a Comment