Barefaced

Friday, September 27, 2013

I have to admit, this week has been crazy in a way I haven't seen in a while. In addition to four exams, work also piled up at both of my internships, and every night I struggled to fall asleep, which has never been an issue. Why does it always seem like these stressful situations come in packs?

I found myself running out the door most mornings, having just showered, hair only half dry, and no makeup, which, since London, never happens. I was blessed with good skin (i.e. no pimples or acne) in high school, but my skintone is fairly uneven, and my hereditary dark circles under my eyes are darker than I'd like them to be. I know it's good for my skin to breathe for a bit, and most of the time if I'm staying around the house I'll go sans, but even to class I felt self conscious without even moisturizer on my face.


During the day I kept thinking the people next to me in class were noticing my lack of mascara, or the way my skin had the occasional discoloration. Since when did I get so self conscious without a face of makeup? I used to go without makeup all the time in high school and even into college!

My question is, how often do you go with no makeup?
If I leave my house I usually try to put on at least some tinted moisturizer and mascara, but I very rarely go sans makeup altogether. Does anyone else feel so self aware without your go to products?

1 comment :

  1. I basically never where makeup unless it's a nice occasion. Or if my skin looks really awful then I throw on some foundation and powder. Yup, I'm not a girl it's fine.

    XOXO,
    Alexa
    alexa-stone.com

    ReplyDelete