Thanksgiving Weekend in Review

Monday, December 2, 2013

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! This is a pretty photo heavy post, so be forewarned.

Once again, my weekend was full of food, family, and football! Thursday started with a big, traditional Thanksgiving at the beach. We got to finally see cousins and aunts and uncles we haven't seen in months, some since last Thanksgiving! We took photos, walked on the beach, and I took the boat back to Beaufort, which was freezing cold, but one of my favorite parts of the weekend.




Friday was Thanksgiving part II, which involved tons of oysters, wine, music, and Taboo. It doesn't sound like much, but when it's been almost a year since seeing family, there is a lot of catching up to do!


Saturday morning, before I headed back home to watch Carolina take on Clemson, we all took a trip to downtown Beaufort to visit some shops and let my cousin's daughters play at the park next to the water. We got the chance to visit the Low Country Market Cafe, which sells tons of handmade pottery, woven baskets, southern creole, jams, and local wines and beers. The interiors had super high ceilings, and the fact that the store was already decorated for Christmas completely won me over. If you go to Beaufort, SC anytime soon, definitely give it a visit!




For lunch we went to Wren Bistro, which I had been to ages before. In addition to the cool interiors (complete with chalkboard art on the walls) they had the best cranberry chicken salad I've had! By the time we left everyone was full and happy!



Saturday afternoon I finally made it back to Columbia for the Carolina-Clemson game! Though the game was terrifying at times, I had so much fun at my last football game as a USC student! Carolina won 31-17, but no matter the score, I couldn't be prouder to be a Gamecock.


So who else had a big weekend? I had a great weekend, but I'll be ready to get back to normal...for a week, and then finals! I'm counting down the days until December 17th, when winter break is mine!

No comments :

Post a Comment