Thanks, Gwynie

Sunday, January 12, 2014

If you can recall, earlier last year Gwyneth Paltrow caught a lot of flack for her cookbook, It's All Good. I ordered the book while in London and obsessed over the J. Crew-esque photos of Gwyneth sans-makeup in her most comfortable looking cutoffs and cotton pullovers. Her bod also happened to look amazing. I was like, #wherecanIsignup?

Flash forward to when I returned to the US from London. I told myself I would start becoming more adventurous in the kitchen and eat a little healthier. You can guess how that went (hint: it didn't). Living at home for the first few months, then tons of school and work got me a bit sidetracked, so I never followed through with my cooking goals.

With the new year, I decided to crack open the book, which has been quietly sitting on my kitchen shelf since I moved back in August. Now, I'm not saying that I am a cooking master now by any stretch of the imagination since I've only actually made one dish from the book, but I'm also not saying that I'm not. It may also be of importance to mention that it's the simplest "recipe" in the book. And Gwyneth actually says on the page "this isn't even actually a recipe," but I digress. Welcome to my new favorite breakfast:

Avocado and Vegenaise Toast


1/2 avocado sliced
as much vegenaise as you would like
whole wheat toast
course sea salt
ground black pepper

and boom goes the dynamite.

No comments :

Post a Comment