Morning motivation

Thursday, June 19, 2014


I'm jealous of people who are naturally morning people, or people who have trained themselves to be morning people. They're in a special club that I can't wait to get into, but I'm just not quite there. I try to tell myself to go to bed earlier, to get off my laptop in bed, but somehow it doesn't work and I end up dreading even setting my alarm. Every morning before I get out of bed I have to give myself a little pep talk because sometimes just throwing off the sheets seems like such hard work. I drag my feet to the shower and I rush out of the door. I love the people I work with and my job is great, but my bed won't stop calling my name.

My mantras? I have a few tried and true sayings to get myself out of bed, though I change them up from time to time. To be honest, most are Pinterest or Tumblr posts from people I have no idea who (if) to credit, but if it's good, it's good. Here are a few of my favorites:

What good can I do today?

The best is yet to come.

If you never try, you'll never know.

Eat healthy, sleep well, breathe deeply, enjoy life.

When I first open my eyes upon the morning meadows and look out upon the beautiful world,
I thank God I am alive. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

And the an oldie but a goodie...

If Britney can get through 2007, I can get through today.

No comments :

Post a Comment