My ideal day

Thursday, June 12, 2014

When life is hectic and I can't find personal down time (introverts, you know what I mean), I like to take time to think of what makes me happy, simply for the sake of de-stressing. Recently in a similarly stressful situation, I started thinking of what my ideal day would be. It's not often those perfect days come by, though I definitely can't complain about my days now. Does anyone else do this? It calms me down to focus on such positive days, and some of my answers actually surprised even myself!



On my ideal day I would...

Wake up at 8:00 am after a long night's sleep. I would be well-rested and only spend a few minutes in bed before springing up to grab a cup of coffee or tea.

The sun would be shining through my kitchen windows, of course, and I would fix myself a cup of yogurt with granola and half a fresh fruit bowl from Publix of pineapple, strawberries, and kiwi.

I would sit at my kitchen table, read some magazine articles on my iPad and check social media. I thought for a while about whether or not I would want to be "plugged in" on my ideal day, and ultimately I think I would. I enjoy checking out what my friends are doing! Even though it's nice to take an occasional day away from technology, I wouldn't take a day off if I didn't have to!

After breakfast I would go on a nice walk with my dog out to the lake. It would be fall, so I could wrap up in a sweater without having to wear a jacket. The leaves would be turning yellow, orange, and red. The sun would be shining and the air would be crisp.


For the rest of the day I would take a day trip to Charleston with friends or my mom, because nothing is better than being on the coast with friends and family, especially in the fall. We would pick up lunch and have a picnic at the Waterfront Park,  explore South of Broad (and post gorgeous Instagram photos that would get tons of likes and reblogs on Tumblr - duh!), and go shopping on King Street. Maybe we would even go on a walking tour of Charleston since its history fascinates me.

On the way back, instead of going home, we would visit my aunt's house in Beaufort, where we would spend the rest of the evening on her back porch drinking wine and eating yummy food. At night we would light a fire in her back porch fireplace and tell stories, reflecting on the day. Before bed we would walk out to the end of the dock and look up at the Milky Way. We would feel so small compared to the world. I would snuggle into bed tired and happy and sleep like a log.

What do y'all think? What would be your ideal days? I'd really love to hear!

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like such a lovely day! I would want to be plugged in too but maybe just a little. I need to balance out my smart phone obsession with fun activities. Love this activity you did!

    Ashley
    www.minck.co

    ReplyDelete