White blazers

Sunday, July 20, 2014

One good thing about South Carolina? No one really expects you to wear much more than a blouse and skirt to work during the summer, maybe with a light cardigan if you have a chilly office. While I'm guilty of fully taking advantage of those expectations, I can't help but wish I had more of an opportunity to wear a white blazer, since I've seen them pop up all over Pinterest and other blogs. I bought one earlier this year for an interview and loved it! I didn't feel too formal, but I still felt totally put together. I have to admit, though - I was in New York City, so I was terrified of touching any surface! You don't realize how dirty the city is until you wear white. #realtalk



Though I know bright white should definitely stay in the summer (I try to adhere to the rule!), a cream color would be so awesome to transition into fall or winter too. 95% of my wardrobe is navy or black, so a cream blazer would be just the thing to lighten my attire a bit. Cream would also look so good with a crisp white tank, a la Olivia Palermo's outfit below. Could she look any better with boyfriend jeans and neutral flats?

Answer: nope.



I definitely have all the things in this outfit below (i.e. chambray, dark skinnies, loafers, black handled bag) so I've saved this image on my laptop for future inspiration once the temps drop below summer swelter weather!


Obviously since these ladies look so amazing, I had to find some of my own too!





Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 

No comments :

Post a Comment