I'm a Very Lucky Lady

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I love Christmas. I love the anticipation, the preparation, and giving gifts to my favorite people in the world. I play Christmas music more or less nonstop after Halloween. But if it comes down to which day I actually love more, I'd go with Thanksgiving. I'm so lucky to be able to spend Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family on the coast.

On Thanksgiving we go to my grandparents' house at the beach, then Friday everyone goes down to my aunt's house, also on the coast, and has a big Thanksgiving, part II. We have the seafood equivalent of Thanksgiving with oysters, fish, and shrimp. Has anyone ever had a Charleston Boil? It's sausage, corn on the cob, and shrimp, and it's amaaaaazing! I think an appropriate summary of the day would be that we eat a lot and we drink a lot.

And then the Saturday after Thanksgiving is the Carolina v Clemson game! We've beaten Clemson the past three years, so cross your fingers that we can make it to four! Go Gamecocks!

Needless to say, I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

PS- I'm not sure if it's just a southern thing, but does anyone else have homemade macaroni and cheese on Thanksgiving? I told some of my northern friends about it and they thought it was the weirdest thing! I can't imagine Thanksgiving without it!




No comments :

Post a Comment