My Music Taste Has Schizophrenia

Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm one of those people that has a playlist for everything. And not of the same types of music. In preparing for this post I looked at my iTunes account for some slammin' music. I didn't realize I had over 5,000 songs. I would rather not think about how much money that has sucked out of my bank account.

I've been trying to group my music by mood, and this is a playlist I created this past summer when I would take long drives through North Carolina to come back home to Columbia for the weekend. The drive was about 3.5 hours long, so the playlist needed to be pretty substantial. Needless to say, I've narrowed it down quite a bit, but every time I listen to this playlist I think of North Carolina and the winding drive to work I took every morning. Granted, I included some songs from the latest Mumford album, but those were necessary. Mumford completed the playlist.


If you like folky, acoustic, bluegrass music I hope you'll like this! I tried not to include tons of well-known bands, but obviously Mumford is always the exception. And I didn't want it to be too country either. There is a special place in my heart for Miranda Lambert, the Dixie Chicks, and Florida Georgia Line, but their place isn't on this playlist.

Let me know if y'all have any additions to this list or if I should do any other playlists!

1 comment :

  1. So forgive me while I stalk your blog and comment on this really old post. But based on your music label, I can already tell I love your music taste. Oh and the rest of your blog. It's perfect. I'm definitely gonna go check out all of those songs on your spotify!

    ReplyDelete