Boston

Tuesday, April 16, 2013


Yesterday as I was laying in my hotel bed after an amazing dinner with my mom, aunt, and best friend in London, I opened my Twitter app for the first time that day, and found out about the Boston Marsthon explosions. It seems like these types of attacks have been happening more and more frequently, but that doesn't make them any less difficult.

My prayers go out to those affected by the attacks, and to those who are so kind to send their love too. To those who are constantly refreshing their Twitter feeds to find out more information. to the people who will spend a little extra time thinking about the people they love tonight. At a time when I feel myself wishing I were in America, I still see compassion for these victims from people I'm surrounded by, most of whom have never been to America. Some of whom had never known an American.

It's scary now as I'm typing this, knowing that two people are dead from the explosions. More than 100 people have been admitted to the hospitals. There are no suspects in custody.

But we come together. Americans, or otherwise. Because ultimately, we are all people who feel it when something big like this rocks a community.

Come on, Boston. Time to show them what you're made of.

No comments :

Post a Comment