A Southern Weekend

Monday, September 23, 2013

This weekend I didn't do anything excitingly blog worthy, but I spent time with family, which I can never get enough of. My grandpa had surgery last week, so mom and I visited my grandparents for the weekend to help out with whatever they needed. There are two things I always get every time I visit: lots of love, and lots of delicious homemade food! Needless to say, I left my grandparents' house full of food and love.

Mama Duck's (as my grandma is known by all of her grandkids) homemade plum jelly.
I guarantee this will be gone in no time!


Mom and I took some cooking lessons from Mama Duck, and made some real southern food: grits topped with sausage gravy and grits, biscuits from scratch, and a sweet potato casserole. Also very healthy. Gwyneth Paltrow would definitely approve.


This photo, because mid-cooking selfies are always necessary! Isn't my mama beautiful?


I hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

No comments :

Post a Comment