6 things I'm bad at

Monday, November 18, 2013

With November over half way over (take a break to say to yourself how is that possible?!) comes my favorite time of the year, with Thanksgiving and Christmas on the way. Yet with everything wonderful happening, so do finals, my least favorite time of the year. When I find myself stressing way too much over exams, studying, and due dates, I try to focus on things that make me smile and laugh to help cheer me up for fun things ahead.


I've never been one to sugarcoat over my faults or inability to do simple things, which is why listing them out generally helps me laugh at myself and feel better. In the onslaught of a stressful week coming, here are 6 things I really am dreadful at.
  1. Sticking to a plan: I have found out through college and jobs and traveling, and growing up in general, that I like planning. I like having a set list of things to accomplish/places to go/steps to take, but in general, I am really bad at actually going through with said plans. Maybe making the plans makes me feel better about myself, then by the time it gets to actually following through, I'm not so hot. Oops.
  2. Going to sleep on time: I've been trying recently to get into the early bird mindset, but I just don't think I'm there yet, or even within five miles of there. There are definitely times when I love waking up early, getting at least a bit of time before lunch to start my day, but for the most part I stay up way too late to wake up any time before 11:00.
  3. Not crying at cute animal photos: Like Kristen Bell, if I'm above a seven or below a three on the emotion scale, I'm crying. That goes for cute animal photos, which shoots me to a 20, and gives everyone around me a good laugh as tears stream down my face when we're looking at cute animals on Tumblr. There's nothing I can do about it, and I've learned to laugh at myself because I'm sure I look like a psycho.
  4. Making my own lunch: I'm sorry, a turkey sandwich just doesn't cut it if I'm going to make my lunch every day. Any suggestions for quick and easy lunches? I usually end up caving and going out with coworkers for lunch, but that has proven to be not so hot for my wallet. I either go out to eat, or end up eating pretzels, an apple, and a laffy taffy for lunch. Very "early twenties," I know.
  5. Putting on a jacket over a three-quarter sleeve sweater underneath: Does anyone else feel like an idiot while trying to keep your sleeves from pushing up when you put a coat on over a sweater? There's got to be an easier way. I definitely spent a good 10 minutes trying to reach into my jacket arm to pull my sweater sleeve down from past my elbow a few days ago.
  6. Following up on blog ideas: remember my 101 in 1001 list? I've been checking things off one by one, and I've (at least partially) finished a lot! Have I written a follow up post? Nope. Why? I don't know. It will come soon, though! I'm telling myself to do it this week, here's hoping it will be soon!
Now that I've shared with y'all some of the things that drive me crazy about myself, what about you? 

1 comment :