One year: a letter to London

Monday, May 26, 2014

Dear London,

Yesterday marked a year since I packed my bags and hopped on a plane back to the states, and I've got to say...I didn't think I'd still be thinking about you every day. Living in a tiny shared dorm/flat, dealing with noise, and having little to no personal space in tube carriages were things I thought I would easily get over as soon as I got home, but I couldn't be more wrong. I love where I'm from, but I wish I were with you.


There are times when I'm glad I'm back home. I get to see family and football games. I don't miss Easter lunches or my sister's plays. Sunshine is the default weather setting. The Carolina coast is only a car ride away. But you had unique people, beautiful parks, and infinite opportunities to travel and explore. I could step outside of my flat and feel the energy of the city.

Now that I've graduated I'm trying to find a way to get back, and maybe someday I will. I'm crossing my fingers, will you?

Have fun for me! Until I see you again,

Emily

No comments :

Post a Comment